Easy Curry

Barcelona, Spain

Hello Ladies!

Finally, after several weeks of being super busy between work, looking for an apartment and preparing our move, tonight I missed cooking so much that I decided to take a break from all the planning and to prepare a special meal for me and Thomas, as well as the little Groucho growing in my belly 🙂

easycurry

So after consulting with my dear husband on what he felt like eating, we both decided that my Curry was on tonight’s menu!

Here is why I just love this recipe:

– it is super easy  to cook (hence the “easy” curry :))

– it tastes great and takes you on a special journey

– you can easily adapt it into anything you want: use chicken or turkey escalope, chicken wings and drumsticks, change the chicken for beef, add any vegetable you like, and the list goes on for customization

– it is gluten free! (however Emi, please make sure there is no Gluten in the Coco Milk you use)

So here wego:

Ingredients (for 4 people)

4 chicken escalopes, diced

Precooked potatoes (1 jar / 1 pack)

3 Tbs Olive Oil

2 onions, chopped

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 tsp paprika

1 tsp cinnamon

3 tbs Curry powder

1 tbs tomato paste

1 mug plain yogurt (must be 1.5 cup)

3/4 mug Coco Milk (about 1 cup)

salt & pepper to taste

First, put the oil, chopped onion and garlic on a pan until they are brown.

Then add the curry, paprika, cinnamon and stir for 2 minutes

Add the yogurt, coco milk, tomato paste and chicken, bring to boil then reduce heat and leave for 25 minutes. If you have vegetables you wouldlike to add, drop them bit by bit depending on how long they need to cook (typically, I add the precooked potatoes 5 minutes before serving).

Et voila! It is ready to be devoured delicately eaten!

Let me know  if you try this recipe and what you add / change and your  impressions!

Looking forward to hearing back from you 🙂

Lots  of love from Barcelona

Hanin, Thomas & Grouch

PS: A special thank you to Thomas for dicing the chicken!

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

7 thoughts on “Easy Curry

1. enlwilliams October 8, 2013 at 8:56 pm Reply

Love this post – I feel like I’m with you guys in your Barcelona kitchen 🙂

This dish sounds delicious. When I get back to Paris I’ll buy up the key ingredients and keep them on hand for a chill night in. Since I don’t eat chicken, do you think I should substitute extra veggies (ex. broccoli, zucchini…) or would using shrimp be better? What kind of rice do you serve it with? Basmati?

Can’t wait to try this!!!

x
    Beth

2. Marlène October 9, 2013 at 6:24 am Reply

Mmmmm, i will try tonight! hugo is THE specialist of curry, so he may also have comments. We let you know, thanks for the recipe!^^
    Besos

3. Hanin October 9, 2013 at 7:39 am Reply

Thanks for your comments!

Beth, you can definitely add all the veggies you want, I am sure that it will taste great with broccoli, potatoes, spinach, or anything else you feel like!
    As for the shrimps, Thomas made the same comment that it would also taste good with shrimps – you’ll have to try and let us know 😉
    Marlene, lets see what Hugo has to say about this recipe. If he is the specialist, then please have him post some comments on how we can make this curry better 🙂
    we always love to enhance our recipes and discover new tips!
    Gros bisous to you all
    Han

4. Jan October 14, 2013 at 10:53 am Reply

Yum. Will make this when we get back to France. It sounds very, very tasty. I am really missing coriander right now, so I will probably add a handful or so to the sauce at the last minute. Definitely something to look forward too. Thanks DIL, Love MIL
    Legend:DIL= Daughter-in-law: MIL=mother-in-law

5. Emily October 15, 2013 at 6:23 pm Reply

I had no idea coconut milk could have gluten in it?! I made this and it was delicious. I did however add some fresh red chillies to give it more pizzazz with the oil and garlic. Granted, my friend who was with me thought it was too hot- but I just added a bit more yogurt on her plate and it worked out fine. I also quickly stir fried some bok choy with a bit of gluten-free Tamari soy sauce to have a bit more color and have some veg. Yummy!

• Beth October 16, 2013 at 1:55 pm Reply

I feel for your friend… I would probably leave out the chili for fear of crying at the table. Coriander though… I can work with that 😉

6. Hanin October 15, 2013 at 7:37 pm Reply

Hola Guapas!

@MIL: Coriander seems like a great idea, I think I will try that next time I cook it. Yum!
    @SIL: Nicely done! adding some red chillies is a great idea! I also look forward to trying that 🙂
    Love to you both 🙂