Grilled Vegetable Sandwich

Barcelona, 35°

Hello ladies,

I hope you are all well!

This week I have decided to share with you a recipe that is easy, quite healthy and tasty!

I have tried it on friends and it was a winner!

IMG_9152

So you can have those amazing sandwiches either as a main, with a green salad for instance, or as a starter if you find small bread that allows you to make bite-sizes. In all cases it is absolutely delicious!

Also, if you have leftover vegetables, what I do is I mix them with a bit of pasta and tomato sauce and voila! A whole new dish! Yummy J

Ingredients for 6 (main):

2 courgettes (zucchini)

1 aubergine (eggplant)

1 big red pepper

1 big red onion

4 tbsp olive oil

3 garlic cloves

Salt, pepper

Oregano or Thyme

Bread (you can select your favourite type of toast, Panini bread, soft bread, buns…anything you fancy)

Pesto

Sliced cheese (again, you can choose your favourite type of cheese as long as it melts!)

Start by cutting all the vegetables really thinly (for this I use the mandolin that I got from Beth and the Man at Christmas, thanks guys!) – But watch your fingers!

Place them all on a tray that goes in the oven, add the olive oil and the crushed garlic cloves, and mix it all well. You can also add the salt, pepper and herbs to taste.

Place them in the oven (170°) cook for about 40 minutes. Don’t forget to mix them once in a while.

When ready, let them cool (you don’t have to though). I noticed that the sandwiches are even better if you prepare the vegetables one day ahead.

Then, build your sandwiches:

Put one tsp of pesto on one slice of bread, add a good amount of vegetables, put the cheese slice and the other bread slice,

I put mine in the grill (still using the one Emi got us as a wedding present! Thank you Emi) in order to get the cheese melted. And voila!

IMG_9153

I hope you will enjoy this healthier version of sandwich!

Thomas and the Man are big fans. 🙂

Missing you and looking forward to seeing you soon!

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , ,

6 thoughts on “Grilled Vegetable Sandwich

1. Beth @ Culinary Correspondence July 22, 2015 at 9:10 am Reply

Oh man… I remember these tasty devils! They were absolutely delicious 🙂 Thanks for the great recipe Hanin – we may need to borrow your grill!!

2. Hanin July 22, 2015 at 9:13 am Reply

Haha ! You can come and borrow it anytime my dear.

3. Gabrielle July 22, 2015 at 5:31 pm Reply

These sandwichs are definitely amazing!! Thanks for the recipe Hanin, we’ll cook this on cool (or caliente) summer nights in Montreal.

• Hanin July 23, 2015 at 8:07 am Reply

Merci Gab!!
      It was a pleasure having you and Mus over (and Martin as well).
      I really hope to see you soon, and when we do come to Canada we could make a post together!
      I hope you know how to cook Poutine. 😉
      Lots of love

4. Emily @ culinarycorrespondence.com July 24, 2015 at 5:50 am Reply

Yummy Hanin! Glad you make good use of the sandwich grill. Now I wish I had one. In the meantime, I’m going to use sliced bread and grill in a pan like a grilled cheese sandwich. Thank you 🙂

5. Jan July 26, 2015 at 9:04 am Reply

Hi from Milos, everyone! All these vegetables are abundant here right now so I am going to eliminate the bread all together and break up some dakos rusks and sprinkle the vegetable mixture with them for crunch. Can’t wait to try it.Thanks Hanin!